The Winter 2013 Hack/Doc was held at Carleton College on December 5th & 6th.
Issues on the agenda:
- Add "Hide from Search Engines" toggle on pages
- Breakout Conversation: Web Style Guide
Luther's Style Guide • Beloit's Style Guide
- Breakout Conversation: LDAP -> Active Directory Move Conversation
- Luther is also in the process of implementing AD, though we will still use LDAP for a good long while
- Carleton uses AD as the backed directory store, but we continue to use LDAP as a front-end so haven’t had to change anything
- Luther is planning to implement an OAuth login
- Carleton has implemented a OpenID login
- Carleton will share code with Luther
- Responsive Theming
- Reason 4.6 Discussion
- Course Catalog Update
- Analytics Upgrades
Luther has a upgraded the analytics module. Those upgrades should be integrated into the core. If we have change suggestions before the Hack/Doc some coding might be able to happen? Steve Smith will demo
- Shared Projects
This is a proposal to identify a readily outsourced project, and have a 3rd party do the development and/or design work needed using pooled resources.
- Reason Website Improvement
- What do people see when they first visit reason.carleton.edu?
- Should we move it to its own domain?
- Rework main page content, layout, messaging
- Reason’s Future & Marketing
Let’s talk about the future of Reason. What is our strategy for building/growing the Reason community, developing Reason support, etc.?
- Video usage & integration
Reason 4.5 will have new, improved, and much more flexible audio and video support. Matt can talk about how it works.
- Social media integration
Are there any new developments? How-to?
Tabita will demo
- Map integration & Map module merger
Luther has developed a Google maps module. Carleton has developed a Google maps module with different functionality. Has Beloit done map work? We should merge them into one maps module to rule them all.
- Events Discussion/Discussion
Matt will demo and discuss upcoming changes to the Events module.
- Modify RSS feed to include post content
Make a publication by publication setting (default, teasers, content)
Maybe default setting
- Show/hide navigation info in page listings
- XML sitemap generation
- rel=canonical implementation
Many modules create multiple URLs that display similar or equivalent content this goes against seo best practices
- Disallow slot registation from duplicate e-mail addresses