Follows SEO Best Practices
Reason CMS makes it easy to follow best practices for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
When you use Reason, the CMS takes care of most of the technical effort to ensure good SEO. As long as items are given good metadata and information architecture, Reason helps make sure that valuable SEO will follow.
Some of the SEO features include:
- Meta description field on every page
- Menu name can be edited separately from page title (or <h1>)
- Title tag format is customizable for homepage and other types of pages
- Users can easily edit image alt tag and description
- Automatic redirects when page URLs change
- Ability to place keywords in page URLs
- Pages keep page rank even when moved among sites
- When editors create links in the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, those links are automatically given appropriate titles based on the name of the target page
- Clean, semantic markup
- Automatic application of rel="canonical" for content displayed in multiple locations
Integrated with Google Analytics
Reason CMS has built-in integration with Google Analytics. You and your editors can see the latest traffic, search terms, and more right within the Reason administrative interface. This allows tracking of search engine traffic and adjustment of SEO strategy based on almost-real-time data.