Creating a New Site
A new Reason site can be created in just a few minutes. Follow these steps to get one up and running in a flash!
- Go to the Master Admin and select the "Sites" link.
- Click the "Add Site" link (in the upper right portion of the screen).
- Reason will present you a form where you can fill out the information for the new site. Most of the fields on this form are self-explanatory or are explained within the form itself.
- Click the button labeled "Save and Continue Editing."
Optional: Make Site Associations
Now that the new site has been created, you can use the links in the left sidebar to make associations with this site:
- Make additional types available to this minisite via "Select available type(s)" (The default types Reason assigns to new sites are page, image, and text blurb.)
- Give additional users access to this site via "Users." (By default, Reason gives editing access to the site creator and the person listed as the primary maintainer of the site.)
- Choose a parent site, if it makes sense to do so.
- Set up types which the site can borrow, but cannot create or edit via "Choose types this site cannot edit"
- Create admin links.
- Assign announcement blurbs to the site.
- Change the HTML editor used by the site.
- Select available views.
- Click the button or link labeled "Finish," and you're done!