Adding New Users
- In the Master Admin, go to Users and select Create User.
- Give the new user a username.
- Choose the appropriate role for this user. See the User Roles glossary entry for more information about what each role does.
- Public Site Link Preference: The site admin page displays a link to "go to public site." The default behavior is to open the public site in a new window or tab, but you can override that setting for users who consider it to be a violation of the user interface design principle that users should always be in control of the interface.
- Choose the "Authoritative Source" for user data. Choose "external" if you are using another tool to manage usernames and passwords. If a user is not otherwise managed, selecting "Reason" as the authoritative source allows you to manage the user's name, contact information, and password.
- When you've finished filling out the form, choose "Save and Continue Editing."
- Now you can use the links to the left of the form to assign this user to his/her appropriate audiences (this may be done automatically if you are using an external authoritative source) and to give the user editing rights to specific Reason sites.
- Select "Finish," and you're done.