Reason 4.3 is out!
Thanks to contributors from Beloit, Luther, Kalamazoo, and Carleton, this release features exciting new integration with Kaltura and Google Analytics, and a host of other improvements. Between Reason 4.2 and 4.3 we had 342 commits from 9 authors, with 751 changed files.
- Kaltura powered transcoding and HTML5 video delivery. Scripts to help setup the Kaltura server are coming soon. (Thanks Marcus!).
- Google Analytics is now integrated into the administrative interface - access site and page level statistics (Thanks Steve!).
- ImageMagick (while recommended) is no longer required (Thanks Noah!).
- New plasmature type available, chosen select, a fancy select box. (Thanks Ben!).
- New theme customization framework now available (Thanks Matt!).
We'll be working on posting more practical information on integrating and using major new features - stay tuned.
Please post questions, comments to the Reason Discussion Group @ Google Groups. Enjoy Reason CMS, and please report bugs on github.
We'll provide bug fixes on this branch at least until Reason 4.4 is released in July. Watch for a virtual machine version of Reason 4.3 soon - this will replace the LiveCD downloads we have offered in the past.